Cochrane Bias Methods Group (BMG)
The Bias Methods Group (BMG) is one of 17 Cochrane Methods Groups world-wide comprised of individuals with an interest and expertise in the science of systematic reviews. This group strives to raise awareness of the problem of bias and is exploring important questions with respect to the epidemiology of research results and outcomes. BMG is also investigating a range of different forms of bias, such as ‘publication bias’, language bias’, and ‘outcome reporting bias’.
Activities of BMG members include:
- Undertaking empirical research to examine whether, and in which circumstances, various biases may have a substantial impact on systematic reviews, including the preparation of Cochrane Methodology reviews;
- Undertaking methodological research on how to identify and address potential biases in systematic reviews and meta-analyses;
- Helping to complete and co-ordinate Methods systematic reviews pertinent to the Group’s remit;
- Providing advice to Cochrane entities; and
- Offering training to both Cochrane and non-Cochrane systematic reviewers via formal and informal opportunities.
BMG would like to thank Odense University Hospital for their financial support.