Regular meetings throughout the year ensure the communication of methods-related activity throughout Cochrane.
- provides support to the Editor-in-Chief on methodological issues relevant to editorial content.
- identifies representives from the Methods community to support a range of activities within Cochrane.
- oversees the actvities of the Methods Groups and their function within Cochrane.
- advocates on behalf of, and supports, Methods Groups concerns and issues within The Cochrane Collaboration.
The Executive is currently co-convened by Holger Schünemann and Jane Noyes with six other convenors of Methods Groups. Current membership is:
- Jane Noyes is an experienced researcher and nurse who specialises in health services research, and is based at Bangor University. Jane is Director of the Centre for Health-Related Research (CHeRR). She is an Editor of the Journal of Advanced Nursing and lead convenor of the Cochrane Qualitative Research Methods Group.
- Holger Schünemann is chair of the Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics and professor of clinical epidemiology and biostatistics at McMaster University. He trained in Medicine (M.D. in 1993) epidemiology (Ph.D. in 2000), preventive medicine/public health and internal medicine. He co-convenes the Applicability and Recommendations Method Group of the Cochrane Collaboration and is co-chair of the GRADE working group.
- Isabelle Boutron: Co-convenor of the Bias Methods Group
- Sally Hopewell: Member of the Methodology Review Group.
- Mariska Leeflang is a clinical epidemiologist at the University of Amsterdam, specializing in test evaluation and systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy. She is an editor for the Cochrane Diagnostic Test Accuracy Editorial Team and co-convenor of the Screening and Diagnostic Test Methods Group.
- Carol Lefebvre is an independent information consultant and was previously the Senior Information Specialist at the UK Cochrane Centre from 1992 to 2012. She is Associate Editor of the journal Research Synthesis Methods. She is lead co-author of the Searching for Studies chapter of the Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions and co-convenor of the Cochrane Information Retrieval Methods Group.
- Jo McKenzie: Co-convenor of the Statistics Methods Group.
- Ian Shemilt: Co-convenor Campbell and Cochrane Economics Methods Group.