Welcome to the Cochrane Prospective Meta-Analysis (PMA) Methods Group
Keywords: Meta-analysis, prospective meta-analysis, individual participant data, pooling, data pooling, collaborative overview
The group is open to anyone who is conducting, has conducted, or is interested in conducting a prospective meta-analysis (PMA), regardless of the area of health care investigated. To join us, please click on ‘Join Cochrane’ above and complete the webform. On the webform you can indicate how you would like to be involved (full member or mailing list only).
The group aims to:
- Provide a mechanism for evaluating protocols to ensure they are indeed PMA. This may be achieved by:
- Providing training for members of Collaborative Review Groups (e.g. editors and peer-reviewers);
- Members of the PMA Methods Group peer reviewing protocols.
- Develop appropriate methodological standards for PMA and undertake methodological research relating to PMA.
- Facilitate a forum for discussing aspects of PMA methods.
- Provide advice and support to those embarking on (or contemplating) a PMA.
- Provide advice and support to the editorial bases of Cochrane Collaborative Review Groups who have been approached by authors interested in conducting a PMA.
For further information please see Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions, Chapter 22.