Welcome to the Cochrane Prospective Meta-Analysis (PMA) Methods Group
Keywords: Meta-analysis, prospective meta-analysis, individual participant data, pooling, data pooling, collaborative overview
The group is open to anyone who is conducting, has conducted, or is interested in conducting a prospective meta-analysis (PMA), regardless of the area of health care investigated. To join, please sign up for a Cochrane account at account.cochrane.org, and then email us at email@example.com to indicate how you would like to be involved.
The group aims to:
- Provide a mechanism for evaluating protocols to ensure they are indeed PMA. This may be achieved by: a. Providing training for members of Collaborative Review Groups (e.g. editors and peer-reviewers); b. Members of the PMA Methods Group peer reviewing protocols.
- Develop appropriate methodological standards for PMA and undertake methodological research relating to PMA.
- Facilitate a forum for discussing aspects of PMA methods.
- Provide advice and support to those embarking on (or contemplating) a PMA.
- Provide advice and support to the editorial bases of Cochrane Collaborative Review Groups who have been approached by authors interested in conducting a PMA.
For further information please see Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions, Chapter 19.