The Methods Executive provides a leadership forum within Cochrane and ensures that all key methodological roles are able to meet and liaise. It provides an advisory role to the Editor-in-Chief and other Cochrane governance committees, as well as supporting the Methods Groups and wider methods community in Cochrane. The Methods Executive is a conduit for communication and information flow between the Methods Group Convenors and the Editor in Chief, Editorial Board, Scientific Committee, Cochrane Council and Cochrane Central Executive. The Methods Executive has the following members:
- Su Golder (Adverse Effects)
- Julian Higgins (Senior Methods Advisor, Handbook Editor, Scientific Committee, Bias Methods Group)
- Miranda Langendam (Council Methods Representative)
- Carol Lefebvre (Information Retrieval)
- Tianjing Li (Comparing Multiple Interventions)
- Jo McKenzie (Statistics)
- Carl Moons (Prognosis)
- Jane Noyes (Qualitative and Implementation, Scientific Committee)
- Holger Schünemann (GRADEing)
- Yemisi Takwoingi (Council Methods Representative)
The current Co-Chairs of the Methods Executive are Carl Moons (Prognosis) and Holger Schünemann (GRADEing). There are three ex-officio roles: the Methods Implementation Coordinator (Ella Flemyng), Senior Methods Editor (TBC) and Head of the Peoples Department (Chris Champion).
Previous members of the Methods Executive include; Ian Shemilt (Economics; up-to 2018), Isabelle Boutron (Bias; up-to 2018), Sally Hopewell (Methodology Reviews; up-to 2018) and Mariska Leeflang (Diagnositic Test Accuracy; up-to 2018).
The Terms of Reference for the Methods Executive
can be found here