This is the webpage for the Cochrane Screening and Diagnostic Tests Methods Group (SDTM). The role of the SDTM Group is to manage the editorial process for systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy in The Cochrane Library.
The aim of this website is to provide resources and information to all those involved in preparing Cochrane systematic reviews of diagnostic accuracy
Cochrane DTA Support & Guidance
- All Cochrane Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy (DTA) are published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and are labelled as reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy. They can be viewed by selecting Diagnostic from under the Type heading on the filter list on the left hand side of the page. A complete list of published DTA protocols & reviews is available.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy: the group is responsible for developing and updating the Cochrane Handbook for Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy, available in its new version hardback via Wiley and freely available online via Cochrane Training.
- DTA editor training: CRGs can nominate individuals for DTA Editorial training here.
- Software development: RevMan must be used to prepare Cochrane Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy. You will find more information about RevMan and Diagnostic Test Accuracy Reviews in the RevMan Knowledge Base.
- Editorial process: We have worked with Cochrane Review Groups and the Cochrane collaboration to develop a robust editorial process.
- Cochrane invites prospective authors to propose new Cochrane Reviews by submitting a proposal in Editorial Manager. Please see the Cochrane Library information for authors for further details.
- The DTA editorial team is a formally convened team of editors who currently work with CRGs to peer review all DTA protocols and reviews.
- Training materials from past events can be found here.