This is the webpage for the Cochrane Screening and Diagnostic Tests Methods Group (SDTM). The role of the SDTM Group is to manage the editorial process for systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy in The Cochrane Library.
The aim of this website is to provide resources and information to all those involved in preparing Cochrane systematic reviews of diagnostic accuracy
Cochrane DTA Support & Guidance
- All Cochrane Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy (DTA) are published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and are labelled as reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy. They can be viewed by selecting Diagnostic from under the Type heading on the filter list on the left hand side of the page. A complete list of published DTA protocols & reviews is available.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy: All draft chapters of version 2 of the handbook submitted to the publisher (Wiley) are available for personal use via a Cochrane Account on this page.
- DTA editor training: CRGs can nominate individuals for DTA Editorial training here.
- Software development: RevMan 5.3 must be used to prepare Cochrane Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy. A RevMan DTA Tutorial and packages for more advanced statistical analyses are available here together with an overview of the changes introduced with the latest version of RevMan.
- Editorial process: We have worked with Cochrane Review Groups and the Cochrane collaboration to develop a robust editorial process.
- Cochrane invites prospective authors to propose new Cochrane Reviews by submitting a proposal in Editorial Manager. Please see the Cochrane Library information for authors for further details.
- Following submission of a proposal, authors may be asked to provide more detailed information in a full review proposal form. Even if a full review proposal is not formally requested, we recommend authors use the templates available during the planning stage as they include key information to facilitate protocol development. Review proposal forms for all review types are hosted in our Editorial Manager instructions for authors.
- The DTA editorial team is a formally convened team of editors who currently work with CRGs to peer review all DTA protocols and reviews.
- Training materials from past events can be found here.